After graduating from medical school and surgical residency for six years at Christ Hospital and Rush Presbyterian St. Luke’s Hospital in Chicago, Dr. Patel is now serving Northwest Chicago and suburban communities for over twenty five years. Dr. Patel is a Board Certified Surgeon and Diplomat of American Board of Surgery. The American Board of Surgery is a non for profit organization with worldwide recognition. The ABS certifies surgeons who have met standards of excellence in education, credentials, qualifying and certifying examination by prominent surgeons who evaluate the surgeon’s capability to manage ordinary and complex surgical problems, and respected by peers and is active in the practice of surgery.
The Board Certified Surgeons are specialized in diagnosis and treatment of the following conditions:
- Alimentary track: esophagus, stomach, small bowel, large bowel, anus and rectum, hemorrhoids, perirectal abscess, fistula and pilonidal cyst
- Abdomen and its content: diaphragm, gallbladder, and biliary track, liver, pancreas, spleen, lymph nodes, ventral incision, inguinal hernias, and appendix
- Breast skin and soft tissue: cancerous and non cancerous tumors and lesions
- Head and neck
- Disorders of the veins
- Surgery of endocrine glands
- Surgical Oncology: cancers of the skin, soft tissue, head and neck, thyroid, breast, abdomen, stomach, gallbladder, liver, small intestine, colon, pancreas, abdominal wall, soft tissue of the extremities, trauma, comprehensive management of critically ill patients
Dr. Patel participates in most major manage care plans.